Ajv version 7 is released!
Ajv version 7 has these new features:
- support of JSON Schema draft-2019-09 features: unevaluatedProperties and unevaluatedItems, dynamic recursive references and other additional keywords.
- to reduce the mistakes in JSON schemas and unexpected validation results, strict mode is added - it prohibits ignored or ambiguous JSON Schema elements.
- to make code injection from untrusted schemas impossible, code generation is fully re-written to be safe and to allow code optimization (compiled schema code size is reduced by more than 10%).
- to simplify Ajv extensions, the new keyword API that is used by pre-defined keywords is available to user-defined keywords - it is much easier to define any keywords now, especially with subschemas. ajv-keywords (opens new window) package was updated to use the new API (in v4.0.0 (opens new window))
- schemas are compiled to ES6 code (ES5 code generation is also supported with an option).
- to improve reliability and maintainability the code is migrated to TypeScript.
- the support for JSON-Schema draft-04 is removed - if you have schemas using "id" attributes you have to replace them with "$id" (or continue using Ajv v6 (opens new window) that will be supported until 02/28/2021).
- all formats are separated to ajv-formats package - they have to be explicitly added if you use them.
See release notes (opens new window) for the details.
To install the new version:
npm install ajv
See Getting started for code examples.