# Ajv News
Ajv online event - May 20, 10am PT / 6pm UK
We will talk about:
- new features of Ajv version 8.
- the improvements sponsored by Mozilla's MOSS grant.
- Evgeny Poberezkin
, the creator of Ajv.
- Mehan Jayasuriya
, Program Officer at Mozilla Foundation, leading the MOSS and other programs investing in the open source and community ecosystems.
- Matteo Collina
, Technical Director at NearForm and Node.js Technical Steering Committee member, creator of Fastify web framework.
- Kin Lane
, Chief Evangelist at Postman. Studying the tech, business & politics of APIs since 2010. Presidential Innovation Fellow during the Obama administration.
- Ulysse Carion
, the creator of JSON Type Definition specification.
Please register here
Ajv version 8 is released!
Ajv version 8 has these new features:
Ajv supports JSON Type Definition
JSON Type Definition (JTD) is a new specification for defining JSON structures that is very simple to use, comparing with JSON Schema, less error prone, and it is published as RFC8927
Ajv version 7 is released!
Ajv version 7 has these new features:
- support of JSON Schema draft-2019-09 features: unevaluatedProperties and unevaluatedItems, dynamic recursive references and other additional keywords.
- to reduce the mistakes in JSON schemas and unexpected validation results, strict mode is added - it prohibits ignored or ambiguous JSON Schema elements.
- to make code injection from untrusted schemas impossible, code generation is fully re-written to be safe and to allow code optimization (compiled schema code size is reduced by more than 10%).
Mozilla MOSS grant and OpenJS Foundation
Ajv has been awarded a grant from Mozilla’s Open Source Support (MOSS) program
Ajv also joined OpenJS Foundation