# Contributor Covenant Code of Conduct
# Our Pledge
We commit to creating and maintaining an open and welcoming environment. We, as contributors and maintainers, commit to building a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
# Our Standards
Behaviour that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Consider when identity words like race or ethnicity matter
- Be conscious of language with discriminatory connotations (e.g. gendered, ableist, racialized phrases)
- Be open to being corrected if you make a mistake - it’s okay to mess up, what matters is your follow up
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Showing empathy towards other community members
- Treat other community members and project team members with respect
- Report if you witness harassment or wrongdoing in our spaces
Unacceptable behaviour by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
# Our Responsibilities
Project maintainers are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behaviour and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behaviour.
Project maintainers have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
The goal of this Code of Conduct is to set standards and expectations around how we interact within this community. It’s scope applies to all project participants and covers all interactions within the community associated with this project including, but not limited to, email communication, issue trackers, source code repositories, forums, and social media.
Examples of representing a project or community include:
- Using an official project e-mail address
- Posting via an official social media account
- Acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event
Representation of a project may be further defined and clarified by project maintainers.
We will not tolerate abuse, harassment, or any other unacceptable behaviour made against community members, project maintainers, or members of our project team, either online or offline.
Violations of our Code of Conduct may be reported by contacting the project team at firstname.lastname@example.org. The project team will review and investigate all complaints, to the best of our ability, and will respond in a way that it deems appropriate to the circumstances.
Reports of violations will be investigated in a respectful, professional manner as promptly and confidentially as possible. We will have zero tolerance for intimidation or retaliation against anyone who raises a concern, makes a report or cooperates in an investigation around a violation of our code of conduct. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Project maintainers who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions or removal as determined by other members of the project's leadership.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant (opens new window), version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html (opens new window)
For answers to common questions about this code of conduct, see https://www.contributor-covenant.org/faq (opens new window)